Thursday, August 9, 2012

At a Bookstore

I started writing this post as I was sitting in Barnes & Nobles at the Pruneyard. However, I am posting it a day later. Hehe, whoops!
-----
There is just something about being inside of bookstores that calms me. Maybe it's the fact that bookstores are quiet and you can actually hear yourself think.  I love just wandering through every aisle of the bookstore, even if nothing really ever changes. I love looking at all the different sections and seeing if a book pops out at me.
The two sections that I stop and look at, without fail, are the Christian Inspiration section and the Children's Section. I love seeing if there are any good Christian books that I think I would like to read and I also love looking at picture books. In my room at home, I have a huge bookshelf, just of picture books. I don't look at them often, but when I do, they smell the way I remember them smelling as I was a little kid and they bring back memories of my mom and dad reading them to me. Some of my favorite picture books are Miss Bindergarten Goes to Kindergarten, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Love You Forever, Jesse Bear, and so many other ones. I think that if you haven't heard of these or read them, you have to go to a bookstore and just sit there and read them. They are just wonderful children's classics!
What were some of your favorite children's books while growing up?




No comments:

Post a Comment