Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day.  You either love it, or you hate it.  Usually when you hate it, it's because you don't have anyone special to share the day with.  When you love it, well, that's self explanatory.  You have someone to love and share it with.

Although those are the two most common reactions towards Valentine's Day, I for one have learned to have a different view towards this day.  On Valentine's Day, I always realize how blessed I am to have the life that I have today.  19 years ago today, my parents were in China to adopt me.  Had it not been for them, I do not know what my life would be like today.  Throughout the past 19 years, I have been blessed with so many opportunities and I was raised in a wonderful loving Christian home.  I have the most wonderful family ever and I have also created some wonderful friendships too.  

For me, Valentine's Day isn't a day to realize how lonely you are if you don't have a 'Valentine' or a day to be mushy and show that you love someone more on one day than I do on another day.  For me, today is a day that I look back and I say "Thank You" to God and to my parents for how they have blessed me so much and given me all that they can to make sure that I have the best opportunities in my life.  

So for those of you who may be single on this Valentine's Day, I challenge and encourage you to take a look at your life and realize how blessed you are to have a wonderful loving family and wonderful friends.  Just because you aren't 'In a Relationship' doesn't mean that you can't show that you love you friends and family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment