Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crock Pot Meals

As a college student, I find it so hard to find time to go to the grocery store and actually cook my own meals.  I would eat on campus, but I don't have a big meal plan and after awhile, I get tired of eating the same food, over and over again.

My mom has always made crock pot meals, and I think they're perfect on cold nights! Today, I had a good amount of homework to do and I also had a choir concert this evening.  That makes it hard for me to prepare dinner for my friends who come over every Sunday night for dinner. So, tonight I made one of my mom's crock pot meals. It's super easy to prepare too!

What you need:
1 Chuck Roast
1 bag of mini carrots
3 sticks of celery
1 package of French Onion Dry Soup Mix
2 Large cans and 1 Small can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (More or less depending on the size of your crock pot)

Preparing it:

  1. Place the chuck roast flat on the bottom of the crock pot.
  2. Sprinkle the French Onion Dry Soup Mix on top of the chuck roast.
  3. Thinly slice the celery and throw it into the crock pot.
  4. Add half of the bag of mini carrots, or enough to cover the majority of the meat.
  5. Put the Cream of Mushroom soup to the top of the crock pot. 
  6. Set to cook for 6 hours
I personally like eating this stew over white rice.  Here's a picture tos how what it looks like. It tastes better than it looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment