Friday, September 13, 2013

Room Organization

I am the kind of person who at the start of the school year must ALWAYS have everything and organized in their place.  If things aren't in their place when it comes to school, I feel like I'm losing my mind.  I have changed a few things that I am doing this year, which is starting by ALWAYS making sure that my desk is clean and my bed is made. Last year, my bed was in this weird position where it was hard to make it everyday.  This year, I'm able to make it very easily and it also helps knowing that when people walk into my room, it's one of the first things that they see.


I also added curtains right above my windows, just because the blinds don't do a very good job at blocking out the sunlight if I am sleeping in on the weekends. It also helps when it is hot and it keeps our room much cooler.  I keep my "regular" bags hanging right on my bedpost and keep my laundry under my bed where I store my suitcases and things.  My dresser as well as one of my roommates is also under my bed as well.


Next to my bed, I have my desk area.  My roommate found this great little bookshelf that we share. The top shelf is mine, and it houses all of my textbooks and library books that I am using for my senior thesis paper (Ethics & Education: Music in the Elementary Schools).  I also have one of our 4 lamps on the bookshelf and a photo of my family, a clock, and other random things that I just happen to use all the time.  I also have my wall calendar, class schedule, and other things up on the wall.  I'll go into detail more later on how I stay organized more specifically!

What are some ways that you keep your areas neat and organized? I always love hearing different tips that other people have!


No comments:

Post a Comment