Sunday, September 22, 2013

School Year Goals

There's a weird feeling after venting and crying and letting everything you're stressed about, out. This week has been one for the records. Well, maybe the past 3 weeks?

Every year, it seems as if school starts earlier and earlier. This year, I got an email from one of my professors saying that we needed to have reading done before the first day of school. And after that, paper after paper was due, even on the first full week of school.  It seems as if things have become never ending.

With all the stress from school, and trying to figure out about applying to graduate school, and where to live, and who to live with, and how to somehow come up with the money to live on my own, I just needed a break. Oh, and did I mention I have a final tomorrow for one of my online classes??

This school year, I am trying something new. I am doing my very best to get as much homework done on Saturdays so I don't have to do anything on Sunday. They call Sunday the "day of rest" for a reason; so why not actually follow it? After coming home from church in the afternoons, there is something wonderful about eating a light lunch, and then taking a Sunday afternoon nap. Or watching a movie or just hanging out with friends, imagining what our lives would look like, if our Pinterest boards were our real life.

So as this school year progresses, my goals are to:
1) Not stress out TOO much
2) Take time for myself to just RELAX
3) Enjoy the moment. Enjoy senior year. Enjoy my friendships and continue to grow in them.
4) Oh, and of course, GRADUATE ON MAY 3, 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment