Wednesday, March 20, 2013

C.H.A.M.P.

As a part of my Diversity in the Classroom class, we are required to work with 4th graders once a week for 8 or 9 weeks.  Through this program called C.H.A.M.P. (College Headed and Mighty Proud), I was able to have a small group of three 4th graders.  I enjoyed learning more about them and teaching them about college, picking a major and a future career, and helping them to write an essay.

It was a great learning experience working with three separate students, who were all at their own "academic level".  It definitely taught me a lot about how to manage a setting where you have one student who is completely independent and another student on the other end of the spectrum where you have to point and feed them word-for-word when they are writing.

Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with them. Look how cute they are! Anyone would enjoy hanging out with these three.

A future lawyer, artist, and doctor!

I seriously can't wait to officially be a teacher and have my own classroom and set of students!!

No comments:

Post a Comment