Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello Spring Break!

I've come to realize I'm a lot like my mom. I know I've said it before, but as time goes on, I'm realizing it more and more. 

When I was little, my mom used to always clean the whole house top to bottom before we left on a vacation. I always wondered why.  And she used to always say that it's because if something happened to us or if someone broke into our house, it'd be nice and clean. And well, who doesn't like coming home from a vacation to a nice clean home.

Well, I've carried that with me to college.  Every time I leave for vacation, before I can even pack, I have to clean as much of my apartment as possible.  By the time I've packed and I'm heading out the door, my bed has to be perfectly neat and so does my desk and closet.  It's a weird habit, but I really do enjoy coming home to a nice clean area.

And when I get back home after vacation, all my laundry has to go into the hamper and everything has to be put away by the time I go to bed. Call me crazy, but that's just me.

As I've been packing up for Spring Break (officially started the second I bolted out of my seat at the end of my last class, which ended at 5:40 PM) I've noticed that I'm slowly getting better at packing.  I've always been that person who overpacks. I'm always holding my breath as they weigh my suitcase at the airport. And even a couple of times, I've had to unpack it and put things on my carry on.  However, this year, I've been much better about it, and I'm even only taking one suitcase and one carry on!

All to say, I'm SO ready for Spring Break and 10 nights at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment