Sunday, March 10, 2013

"How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World"

My whole life I have always been that girl who loves watching I Love Lucy, Audrey Hepburn movies, the classic American novels as movies, and even reading those books, such as Anne of Green Gables.  I can honestly say I know every song of My Fair Lady as well as every line in The Sound of Music.

A few months ago, I had bought the book How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace" by Jordan Christy.  When I had first bought it, I had only read the introduction and then had put it down since I didn't have time to read.  Today, I picked it back up again, and I'm really enjoying it.  There are some great quotes from the book.


"Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that." ~Stacey Charter

"One of the greatest benefits of living with confidence and self-worth is that we don't need to constantly rely on others for fulfillment."
~Jordan Christy

"One of the fastest ways to gain (or lose) respect is with your image."
~Jordan Christy

"Self-respect is one of the greatest assets a girl can possess, and yet it's one of the biggest thing we're lacking these days."
~Jordan Christy


1 comment: