Friday, March 15, 2013

Kangaroo's

It's Friday! And of course, that means time to teach a science lesson to little hyper second graders. But really, I do love that class. The children are adorable and the answers they give are hilarious, even though I have to keep a straight face.  I love when they run up to give us little hugs when they first see us and then when we leave again.

So today's lesson, as I bet you can tell by the title, is about the life cycle of a Kangaroo!  I joined education.com for free! It's seriously one of the best sites for teachers. FREE worksheets and activities on almost anything!

After teaching a basic lesson on Kangaroo's through a PowerPoint, after we show a video from Animal Planet.  I love how this worksheet allows the student to cut out the little circles of each part of the cycle and they can glue it in order.  And of course, there should be a little writing in this activity, so basic little facts and notes about each part of the life cycle will be written next to each circle.

Here's two screen shots of the worksheet that is being used!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment