Thursday, February 7, 2013

Teacher Clothes

Since I am a "soon-to-be-teacher", it has come to that point in time where I must slowly start the wardrobe transformation. Now that I'm starting to go into the classroom more and more, I must start looking like a teacher. So slowly it's becoming "good-bye flip flops, hello flats and heels".  Now, whenever I go shopping for clothes, or I'm just looking online, I no longer go to the shorts and tank top section. I somehow find myself wandering through the sweaters, blouses, skirts, and dresses.

However, it is very difficult to find teacher clothes. By that I mean, appropriate tops that are dressy, yet comfortable and not too low because you're bending over next to children.  Dresses and skirts to the knee. Comfortable, but cute shoes that can be worn all day long with lots of standing and walking around. And of course, the outfit has to be topped off with a cute little watch!

Luckily, through all the research of where to find "teacher clothes" that I have been doing, I have come across a few stores that are reasonably priced (Especially when everything is on sale! Seriously, the first place I look is the sale/clearance section.) Old Navy, Target, Kohls, and of course, DSW, are all wonderful places to find "work" clothes. I'm pretty sure those stores ALWAYS have sales.
Here are a few examples of things that have slowly become a part of my daily wardrobe decisions.

Cardigans are the perfect way to tie an outfit together!
They come in every color and go with anything.
Skirts, jeans, slacks, dresses...


Sheer blouses and tops are becoming more and more popular.
I have a few, and they are so comfortable and these also come in great colors.
I love how you can buy them at different lengths so you can even wear them
with leggings if you wanted to. They're great for dressing up or dressing down.

At the beginning of this year, I used my DSW gift card to get a pair of silver flats with a bow.
They pretty much look like these. They are the most comfortable flats I have ever
worn and I love how they look cute and dressy but can be worn if you're
just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

So I want to know, what are some other good places to buy "work" clothes? And what are some of your favorite pieces to wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment