Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Teaching Lessons

Teaching lessons to my classmates is probably one of the most awkward things I will ever do in college. Granted, I know everyone in my education classes and we're all in the same boat, but still. I feel like there is more pressure when teaching my peers rather than a classroom full of little eyes staring at you. There is just something about knowing that the people in your class participating in your lesson as your "students", are judging you on how you taught your lesson and how you kept "the students" engaged.

In one of my classes, a music class, after we had taught our lesson to the whole class, my professor had my classmates critique us. That was definitely nerve-racking! Luckily, she thought I was a music major!  (PHEW! Thanks mom and dad for making me learn how to play piano!)

However, at the same time, it's great practice and I guess if you can do it in front of your peers, you can do it in front of the children.


No comments:

Post a Comment