Friday, February 1, 2013

Tote Bag Organization

I love purses. I was that girl who always had many purses that matched every outfit. Whenever I clean my purses out, I always find the most random things in them.  I've come to the realization that since I'm always switching out purses, totes, and backpacks, I always forget to transfer things that I end up needing. This week, I somehow ended up finding 2 old chapsticks in one backpack!

So, to help out with my organizational skills (my goal for this year is to become more organized!), I've figured out the best way to organize my purse.

Typically, I always use a backpack or tote bag for school.  Occasionally, if I'm just running out to dinner or I can manage using one of my small purses, I usually just take my phone, keys, and wallet.  But, in my tote bag (I'll just use tote bag, because that is what I am currently using today) I have a list of specific things that I always need to have with me.




1. Notebook: I always have little notes that needed to be written down or my list of things to do or important things to remember. I love being able to have a medium sized notebook so I can pull it out of my bag easily. This notebook, I got at the end of the school year last year after my Bel Canto Tour. It is actually a gift from Bel Canto!

2. MayBook: Like I've mentioned in a previous post, I have a MayBook, and I love it! It's the perfect sized planner and I can even jot down things I need to accomplish that week, errands I need to run, and just little notes to remember.

3. Pencil Case: I got this pencil case at Barnes & Nobles. I love it because it's the perfect size and I also love the colors. Typically I usually stop using a pencil case, but somehow I've managed to really use it. It's nice because it stops me from having all my pens, pencils, and highlighters floating around in my bag.

4. Wallet and keys: I feel as if your wallet and keys are something that no one should ever forget, but somehow this year, I feel as if everyone I know has lost their wallet or keys for a few days at a time.  Luckily, my wallet and keys are all bright so they aren't too hard to loose.

5. Gift Card Pouch: Somehow, I have managed to get a collection of gift cards. And somehow, I've managed to NEVER have them with me when I really could use them. I think this is the hardest thing for me to remember to keep in my purse because it's something that I don't use on a regular basis.  However, I have found that by keeping all my gift cards in one place, it has really helped me to not loose them for a few months, and find them floating around in my desk drawers.

6. Binder: Lastly, this semester for school, instead of using a bunch of different notebooks, I've only been using a binder. So far, I really like it. All of my syllabus' are in their correct section of my binder, I don't have lose papers shoved into a notebook, and I can move my notes around or if someone needs to copy them, I can easily take it out and give it to them, instead of handing over my whole notebook.

So those are just a few things that I have come to be handy for me and my organizational skills. If any of you have any suggestions for me on how to be more organized, I would really love to hear them! I can always use all the organizational tips I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment